We're now now closed for the foreseeable future to all pupils except those children who are identified as vulnerable and children whose parents are critical to the Covid-19 response and cannot be safely cared for at home. For those parents needing to access the emergency child care, we ask you do so responsibly and only as a last resort.  Please contact Bournville school directly to book your place. We'd love for you to keep in touch. Please follow our Facebook page and let us know your achievements and experiences, however big or small so we can share with the community. Keep an eye on our website. 

School Logo

Bournville Primary School

Get in touch

Social Media

Who do I Speak to?

What can I do if I have concerns about my child’s progress at school? These may be around, Reading, writing, numbers, social and emotional development, behaviour, communicating, physical or sensory.

  • The first person to speak to about your concerns is your child’s class teacher.
  • If you still have on going concerns you may wish to speak to your schools Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
  • If any special educational needs are identified your SENCO will plan how to help your child with the involvement of both yourself and the class teacher. Your child’s help and progress should be recorded through an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or another way of recording their progress.


You may also find it helpful to contact Supportive Parents, your local Parent Partnership Service for Parents and Carers of children with Special Educational Needs. who can tell you how special educational needs are identified and assessed by schools and can offer information advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN).

Education Our Voice Counts—North Somerset Parent Participation Forum Is a network for parents and carers of children with additional needs. For further information see Our Voice Counts on Facebook